Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Brunch - Baked Eggs!

I've decided to start blogging recipes again, especially since I have more time on my hands and after all, I am in Paris! I made eggs for breakfast the other day, I was really craving my favorite brunch place in Toronto - wishing I had my usual poached eggs with spinach and some crunchy toasted dark rye or other nutty bread and a yummy smoothie! So I thought of making something quick and voila! My version of spinach and eggs with cheese, of course - Yum! If you don't like spinach, you can substitute with pitted baby tomatoes and finely chopped onion. It's healthy, no fuss, no mess and great for entertaining! Enjoy!

Recipe Serves 2:

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups baby spinach
bunch of chives, chopped
1 cup shredded mix of cheeses (gruyere, mozzarella, cheddar, emmental)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
2 tblsp heavy cream

2 ramekins
butter/oil spray
sliced bread, toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter ramekins or spray with oil lightly.

Gently press 3/4 cup of baby spinach in the base of the ramkein.

Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin, over top the baby spinach. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chives.

Drizzle 1 tblsp onto each ramekin and sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F until egg whites are opaque and the yolks are soft and the cheese is lightly browned. Approx 15 min.

Serve immediately - Enjoy!

No comments:

 
Email Me: asimak@hotmail.com